Reading, in my opinion, is one of the most essential keys to success. You will rarely find a very successful person who does not have a passion for learning. Knowledge is power and by reading you are exercising your intellectual power. It is incredibly important to be exposed to different viewpoints and to learn about the world around you. Reading will most definitely give you an edge over those who choose not to read.
I strongly believe anyone who says that they do not enjoy reading either hasn’t found a book on a subject that intrigues them or hasn’t gone past the point of being an amateur reader. Reading and expanding your vocabulary can be a difficult and frustrating thing when you are first starting to crack open the books.
Reading will also greatly improve your ability to communicate and write. Can you name any great intellectual who themselves did not read nor write? NO because there is no such person! I may not be the most well- read person, but I can see and testify to what a positive influence reading has had on my life.
The following list is composed of books I have read and loved. These books greatly impacted my life by opening my mind to new perspectives. You are what you read and all of these books have greatly influenced the person I am today. I have read all the books on this list and will be reviewing most of these books here on Spiritual Warrior Scholar. I will be expanding the list as I finish books that I read.
As you may notice, I do not include any fictional books in this list. The reason for this is not because I don’t enjoy fiction, but because I want to provide a list of books aimed more at informing then entertaining the reader. I encourage my readers to check these books out and to let me know what they think about them. Happy reading!
- The Zen Way to the Martial Arts : Taisen Deshimaru
- The Spiritual Practices of the Ninja : Ross Heaven
- The Four Agreements : Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Magic of Believing : Claude M. Bristol
- The Fourth Dimension : Dr. Paul Yonggi Cho
- The Road Less Traveled (Further Along/ Beyond) : M. Scott Peck
- The Way of the Superior Man : David Deida
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind : T. Harv Eker
- The Kybalion : The Three Initiates
- The Book of Five Rings : Miyamoto Musashi
- The Art of War : Sun Tzu
- Essence of Ninjutsu: Masaaki Hatsumi
- Ninja Mind Control : Ashida Kim
- Secrets of the Ninja : Ashida Kim
- Above Life’s Turmoil : James Allen
- As a Man Thinketh : James Allen
- Wherever You Go, There You Are : Jon Kabat Zinn
- The Power of Now : Eckhart Tolle
- The Master Mind : Theron Q. Dumont
- The Power of Concentration : Theron Q. Dumont
- The Root of Chinese Qi-Gong : Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
- The Hidden Messages in Water : Dr. Masaru Emoto Book Review
- Pendulum Power : Greg Nielsen and Joseph Polansky
- Spirit of the Shadow Warrior : Stephen K. Hayes
- Warrior Ways of Enlightenment : Stephen K. Hayes
- Warrior Path of Togakure : Stephen K. Hayes
- Legacy of the Night Warrior : Stephen K. Hayes